Diversity in Today’s Organizations
Organizations have made progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) in the last few decades. In fact, many organizations consider DEI to be a business imperative and competitive advantage when it comes to attracting stakeholders, investors and talented staff.
Progress has been made in several fields:
- Diversity-related goals (workforce demographics, retention, equal pay)
- Policies such as supplier diversity, leadership representation, inputs from diverse groups
- The availability of information, associations and conferences dedicated to DEI
However, there is room for improvement. Organizations must learn to adapt to constant changes in the workforce, society and DEI solutions.
Major Challenges Facing DEI Efforts
Organizations are seeking to resolve these DEI-related issues:
- Limited engagement, or resistance to or discomfort with DEI efforts
- Limited investment in terms of financial and human capital
- Limited integration or lack of incorporation across all functions
- Limited skills and knowledge around diversity, equity and inclusion
- Limited results, which lead to less engagement, investment and integration
The Coach-Approach for DEI Goals
CoachDiversity Institute offers the Coach-Approach for organizational leaders seeking a high-impact, empowering approach to DEI. This approach centers the client as both the person setting the agenda for the change he or she wants to achieve, and the expert in determining the best solution. Unlike training that emphasizes how people should behave, the Coach-Approach leads to greater engagement, resilience and results. It establishes safety and trust, greater accountability, and leads to deeper conversations and relationships.
The Coach-Approach results in:
- Improved and sustainable DEI results
- Greater organizational alignment and resilience
- Improved employee engagement and retention
- More innovation and ability to adapt to change
- Stronger teams and healthier conflicts
Coach-Approach training is offered to employees at all levels of the organization, in small- to large-size groups. Individual coaching is designed for leaders or employees at any level, and a coach is custom selected to create a powerful pairing with each client.
Training and coaching can be tailored to support talent development for diverse employees, supporting an organization’s career development and diversity pipeline development goals.
Why CoachDiversity Institute?
CoachDiversity Institute is the first coaching institute serving diverse communities, preparing individuals, communities and institutions for rapid demographic change, and the only organization focused on diversity as a mechanism to support organizational and community change.
We serve clients across industries and sectors that face complex DEI challenges and have ambitious DEI goals. Among our clients are major foundations and national nonprofits, U.S. military leadership development programs, Fortune 500 corporations, government agencies and higher education institutions.