What Is 1:1 Executive Coaching?
The International Coach Federation defines coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. CoachDiversity Institute offers customized coaching for corporate leaders, managers and senior executives. Participants work one on one with a professional coach who helps them accomplish their professional career goals in addition to their organizational goals. Executive coaches help their clients focus on relevant areas, clarify their goals, and take the action steps necessary to achieve their desired objectives.
Executive coaches understand how to get people to examine their inner lives, gain self-awareness and unlock their potential, so they can achieve personal and professional goals and objectives, including those related to workplace diversity. Individuals and their custom-selected, certified coach work as a team to help the executive increase self-awareness, expand their comfort zone, enhance performance, and further develop leadership skills.
Individual coaching involves:
- Identifying goals and observable outcomes as a result of coaching
- A confidential and client-centered relationship
- Following a client-driven agenda for each session
- Accountability support from the coach
- Supporting the reflection, meaning-making and growth of the client
- Tracking and monitoring behavior change and results over time
1:1 coaching typically occurs during 45-minute sessions scheduled over a period of three to six months. Communication is virtual via phone or video formats.